Yapla allows you to customize the assignment of different forms to different usage contexts related to the Members application, both on your website and through the back office.
For example, you can create a form with few fields for your website and a more complex form with additional fields that are only visible when an administrator of an organization or a family logs in to their member area.
By default, two forms are available: the Basic Form and the Advanced Form. The basic form is applied to all contexts of use. However, it is easy to adapt these forms to your needs or to create new ones. Learn more about form management.
How Contexts Work
The different forms can be created and modified in the Members application's Settings: Members > Settings > Organization > Forms. Once you have created your forms, you can choose to assign them to the different contexts offered.
The Forms menu offers three tabs:
- Forms: allows you to create and edit the different forms
- Fields: to create and modify existing fields
- Context: allows you to assign forms according to the context
Understanding these contexts
Here is the list of contexts for the organization / family forms
- Your website : groups the different contexts in which your forms will be visible on your website
- Add organization / family (web) : during the registration process for a first membership
- Edit organization / family (web) : in the member area, when an administrator updates his organization / family record. It is also the form visible when renewing a membership
- View organization / family (web): in the member area, information visible before going to edit mode.
- Visualization of an organization via the private directory: the member area module allows the creation of a directory reserved for the member. When using this functionality, the form specified in this section will be displayed for consultation
- Visualization of an organization via the public directory: the member directory module allows the creation of a private or public directory. When using this functionality, the form specified in this section will be displayed for consultation
- Yapla : groups the different contexts in which your forms are visible in the backend interface of your account
- Add an organization / family : when you create a new entity
- Edit an organization / family : when you modify an existing entity
- View organization / family : when you consult the record of an entity
Configure different forms for different organization/family memberships
Each membership can be configured to have its own forms. The paragraph above explains how to manage the context of the forms in a general way, but Yapla allows you to go further and manage exceptions
Please note that the general behaviour applies to all memberships. If customization is configured on membership, this configuration takes precedence over the general configuration.
In the edit menu of a membership, the Forms tab allows you to configure these behaviours.
The following options are available:
- Membership forms for a person: concerns the representative
- Customize the registration form: visible when adding a representative for the first time
- Customize the member edit form: visible in the member area by the representative editing his profile
- Customize the renewal form: visible when renewing while logged in
- Membership forms for an organization/family: concerns the entity
- Customize the form for adding an organization/family: visible when joining for the first time
- Customize the edit form for an organization: visible when an administrator updates the profile of an organization/family in his member space
- Customize the organization's form for renewal: visible at renewal time while logged in
- Custom forms behaviour
- Disable membership's custom forms in the backend: by checking this box, the above contexts will be ignored in administration and replaced by those of the general configuration.