Yapla allows you to save time by synchronizing different your different applications: with the Intelligent Newsletter, Yapla synchronizes the Newsletter, Events and Website applications to help you create your newsletters faster. No need to copy and paste and reformat everything anymore! From now on, your events are displayed in your newsletter, with only one click!
Automatic display of an event in a newsletter
Where to find the Smart Newsletter function
Go to the Newsletter platform and choose an existing newsletter in the Newsletter section or create a newsletter from a campaign.
Content typeTo display the content of your events, select the "Yapla Events" module. Please note that you must have events in you want Yapla to show them in the newsletter.
Note: Only upcoming events are available in this module, current and past events will not be available.
DisplayIf the application allows you to save a lot of time by avoiding copying and pasting texts or images and redoing the formatting, you still have to choose how to display the content. You can:
- Give a title to the zone (not mandatory).
- Define the display mode (Featured event, two columns with intro or with thumbnail).
- Define "how far back" Yapla goes to search for events, and whether the selection is restricted to certain categories
- Define the display order
- And finally the language of the content retrieved
Once you have selected your choices, Yapla integrates all the corresponding content and you can choose which events to display specifically from the available events:
- 1 only for featured event ;
- 1 or more for two columns;
Finally, the button allows you to have a preview of the final result.
Add a call-to-action button
Your events are now automatically displayed in the newsletter, in order to allow your readers to go to the event on your website and sign up, it is important to create an action button.
⚠️‼️ It is important to note that the action button directs to a single event page, so you need to have an event page on Yapla with the mosaic view.‼️⚠️
Here are the steps to create the action button under your events in the newsletter:
- Use your event page (mosaic view) or create an Event page with all your events. You can hide this page by checking : "Do not display this page in the menu of your website"
To learn more about this point, please consult the following article: Event Section
- Go to your event page on your website and click on the detail button of one of your events.
In this example, we will use this page: https://demo.s1.yapla.com/en/newsletters-event
- Copy the url of the detail page of your event: https://demo.s1.yapla.com/en/newsletters-event/detail/the-2021-montreal-golf-bicycle-classic/10585
- Paste the url of the detail page of your event in : Event Application > Settings > Settings
Then in "Settings", paste the URL in the "external link management" field:
- Replace in the URL link the ID of your event by the keywords as indicated below:
- Replace /FR/ or /EN/ by : /__LANG__/
- Replace /the-2021-montreal-golf-bicycle-classic/10585 with //__ID__
Replace with: https://demo.s1.yapla.com/_LANG_/newsletters-event/detail//__ID__
- Go back to your newsletter and save your event module again and the buttons will appear.
Please sign in to leave a comment.