The HTML editor or WYSISYG (What You See Is What You Get) is an indispensable tool in the creation of web content. It is a graphical interface to generate HTML. It looks like this:
It is used everywhere in Yapla where it is possible to generate HTML. It is available in :
- The configuration of communications sent to your members, donors, participants and contacts ;
- The Custom Content module in the Website application.
- The content of an article and its introduction
- Editing directory views
- Newsletter application
- And many others!
Buttons and functions
Here is a list of its buttons and functions:
- Source: Allows you to modify the html code generated by the WYSIWYG
- Cut-Copy-Paste: To copy text from a website or the software, use the Paste as plain text or Paste from Word buttons to clean up text from formatting that may conflict with the style of the site.
- Undo/Redo : allows you to correct an error
- Delete formatting: deletes all styles, without deleting the text
- Bold/italic/underlined/barred/exposure/index are used to change the text formatting.
- Show blocks : allows you to see the delimitation of html elements.
- Numbered Lists/Bulleted Lists
- Decrease shrinkage/Increase shrinkage: allows to make indented lists
- Align Left/Center/Right Align/Justify
- Link/Remove Link: allows you to insert a link to another website or to a document in CKFinder (your custom server).
- Image: Use this button to add the image on the server and display it in the HTML area.
- Table/Horizontal line/Insert special character
- Text Color/Background Color: Use sparingly to ensure good text legibility.
- Format: Titles, subtitles, paragraphs
- Size: Modifies the size of the text (use sparingly to ensure good readability of the text)
- Keywords: Allows you to add a dynamic keyword, depending on the attributes and context of the editor.
- Enlarge: puts the editor in full screen