When creating an object, it is often useful to automatically send communications to a specific recipient or even to the person who filled out the form. With Yapla, it is possible to configure communications according to the status of the element.
For example, if you create an object to allow your volunteers to fill out a form, it is possible to automatically send them a message when the request is received. If, for example, the form requires a payment step, a confirmation message could also be sent.
Before setting up your automatic communications, it is important to understand the workflow of your subject. To consult it, go to the object settings and then to the Workflow tab.
There, you can see the different statuses that are possible. These statuses will be the triggers of your communications, according to your workflow.
Create a new automatic communication
To configure your communications, simply go to the Communications tile in the object menu and click on "Add communication".
When creating your communication, you can fill in the requested information. Here are some indications on the fields to be filled:
- Communication Type: The status of the element of your object. It is the trigger of the communication. For example, the type "New" will be triggered when a new element is added. If a volunteer fills out the form on your website, he will automatically be in the "New" status and therefore an automatic communication of type "New" will be sent as soon as he completes the form.
- Name (internal use): This name will be visible only through the back office. The people who will receive the communication will not see this name.
- Target Recipients: You can choose one or more choices.
- Instance: the email associated with the form. It is important to put the Email field in your form so that the communication is sent properly.
- Administrators: all the administrators of your Yapla account.
- Specific email: This allows you to put the email of your choice.
- Email subject: This will be the subject that will be sent and visible to your recipients.
- Content: Text of the email. It is possible to use dynamic keywords in the subject. For example, to add the first and last name of the recipient in the message you can select the corresponding keywords.
Once configured, simply save. Your communication will then be ready to go for all the new elements of your object.